Remember last year we had this beautiful blue Porsche 911 RWB at our festivals in Norway? READ ARTICLE .
Owner of this bad boy is Mikkel Christiansen, and since last year he has gotten a cute addition to his garage – 215 cm wide Porsche 911 RWB, which is the 1st Heavenly Wide RWB in Europe, built by Mikkel with online guidance from Akira Nakai himself. Crazy right?
Interview with Mikkel:
– Both cars are 1994 models, but have a different width kit from RWB. The blue is 25cm wide and the pink 40cm. Blue has a 3.3 liter single turbo with 532 hp and pink a 3.6 liter naturally aspirated engine with approximately 300 hp.
Answer in the original language: Begge bilene er 1994 modeller, men har forskjellig breddekit fra RWB. Den blå er breddet 25cm og den rosa 40cm. Blå har 3,3 liter singelturbo på 532hk og rosa 3,6 liter sugemotor på cirka 300hk.
Why did you decided to build this car?
-I’ve always liked the extreme design of the RWB, so when I finally got the money it was a no-brainer to order a build. Why I bothered to build two, I’m not entirely sure.
Answer in the original language: Har alltid likt det ekstreme designet til RWB, så da jeg endelig fikk råd var veien kort til å få bestilt seg et bygg. Hvorfor jeg gadd å bygge to stk er jeg riktignok ikke helt sikker på.
What was the most difficult thing in the building process (besides building it yourself with video guidance)?
– The hardest part was measuring and adjusting everything so that it would be the same on both sides. I have no experience working with fiberglass, so it was important to measure twice before cutting things up.
Answer in the original language: Det vanskeligste var å måle og tilpasse alt så det skulle bli likt på begge sider. Jeg har ingen erfaring med å jobbe med glassfiber, så det var viktig å måle to ganger før jeg skjærte i stykker ting.
Are you happy with it, is there any other updates it is going to have?
– I’m actually happy with the pink one as it is now, but I’m going to take the blue one apart again. There are a number of things I would like to do better with it.
Answer in the original language: Jeg er egentlig fornøyd med den rosa sånn den er nå, men den blå skal jeg ta fra hverandre igjen. Det er en del ting jeg vil gjøre bedre med den.
Where have you been with it and where would you want to go?
– I took a test ride to Monaco with the pink one to see how it would last, and thankfully it went well! So the next step will be to drive it around on trips in Norway.
Answer in the original language: Jeg tok en testtur til Monaco med den rosa for å se at den holdt, og det gikk heldigvis bra! Så neste blir å kjøre den rundt på turer i Norge.
What would you suggest to others wanting to buy/build RWB?
– Buy one of mine and save yourself the hassle of having the Japanese visiting.
Answer in the original language: Kjøp en av mine og spar deg for hodebryet med å ha japaneren på besøk.
– Have driven many different car brands, but there are few that are as well thought out and well built as Porsche.
Answer in the original language: Har skrudd på mange forskjellige bilmerker, men det er få som er så gjennomtenkt og gjennomført bygget som Porsche.
What RWB stands for?
What exactly is RWB? It is a special design and modification of wide body parts for classic Porsche models – carried out by the Japanese car tuner Akira Nakai. Akira Nakai started his own company called RAUH Welt BEGRIFF (RWB) and became known for modifying Porsches, giving them extremely bold looks. His usual modifications include a new front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts, wheel arches and spoilers. He offers several options, such as new screens with different widths, suspension adjustments and minor aesthetic additions, such as special rivets. The track width of the Porsche “RWB” is often widened. Nakai and his company’s modifications are said to have reached a “cult status”, and his aesthetic is described as “singular”.
I want to see it!
You want to see Mikkel’s cars in person? Come and visit Showgarden in Gatebil Vålerbanen Season Start in May 19-21, 2023.
Find Mikkel on Instagram: MIO
Find Mikkels garage on Instagram: Driven By Mio